Managing life after an unfortunate car accident in LA can be hard. If you have suffered serious injuries in a crash in Los Angeles, you should consider consulting an attorney. People are often scared of seeking legal advice because they worry about the associated costs. Most car accident attorneys Los Angeles work on a contingency basis, so there is no upfront fee. In this post, we are sharing more on how a lawyer can actually help your case.
- Get a free assessment. The worth of your car accident case depends on several factors, right from the nature of your injuries, vehicle damage to your fault, and circumstances surrounding the crash. You can expect an attorney to offer a free assessment of your case, where they will explain the expected settlement.
- Know your rights. Insurance companies often try hard to access a claimant’s previous medical records. If you are unsure of your rights or want to know more about dealing with the aftermath, a lawyer is your best bet. Lawyers can guide you through the dos and don’ts for days following the crash.
- Get help with evidence. Investigating a car accident case is easier said than done. If you don’t work immediately, you may have a hard time finding evidence. As you recover from your injuries at a hospital (or your home), your attorney can work on witness statements, evidence, and other details.
- Negotiate better with the claims adjuster. Insurance companies are known for their ways. They can try hard to deny and delay claims, which you would want to avoid. Hire an attorney to negotiate with the insurance claims adjuster directly on your behalf. They won’t accept a settlement unless it covers most of your losses.
- File a lawsuit. It is common to have out-of-court settlements for car accident claims in LA. However, if the offered settlement is too less, or when you don’t get the right outcome, filing a lawsuit could be necessary. Get an attorney on board to represent you at trial.
Not to forget, attorneys can offer the support that victims need after a car accident. While your lawyer is not your therapist, they know what it takes to investigate a case in-depth and ensure that the client has time to recuperate. Just don’t delay in calling an attorney. California’s statute of limitations only allows two years to file a car accident lawsuit, and that’s not a lot of time.