So, your employer treated you unfairly. You got an unfair demission or have discriminated in some way. In such cases, you can seek advice and assistance from an experienced employment attorney to file the case and fight for you. You may be having a discussion with employment attorneys for the first time. Here are some guidelines to understand what to bring and expect from the attorney.
Elements to keep in mind
If you have been treated not fair at workplace, you should immediately contact an employment attorney that has the potential to win the case for you. Experienced lawyers will conduct a meeting with you and ask you certain questions to develop points in your favor.
- Employment attorney Virginia will ask the length of time you have served the company in dispute.
- Your earnings or salary at that designation.
- He/she will check the contract of employment as well as job description.
- Details of issues that you are experiencing at work.
- He/she will monitor or examine the situations that led to your current condition.
- Important documents those are useful for your case. If you don’t have them in hand, you can make a note of them and inform your attorney.
- Tell him/her the steps you have taken thus far for rectifying the issue.
Some lawyers may encourage their clients to try solving the issue through internal means, such as company’s grievance counsel. This may help to ensure that issues are handled quickly and as per the guidelines. This kind of procedure leads to a compromise settlement wherein you and the company sign, that determines the terms of the dispute.
But, in some cases internal procedure doesn’t work or the company does not take your issues seriously. Then, you should hire employment attorneys to take your case to an employment tribunal to correct. Tribunal includes one employment law specialist and two lay members who have experience with your problems.