When married people choose to separate, they are reversing their marital relationship. Marriage dissolution is another term for divorce. Separation matters in the territory of Washington are usually handled by the Family Court or Civil Court, which is a branch of the Washington Superior Court system, often regarded as general jurisdiction courts.
The Washington Department of Health holds and maintains Washington state divorce records on the divorce process registered in Washington after 1968. (WDH). Divorce records from before 1968 are held by the county clerk of Washington county, where the separation was completed. People who desire to view these documents should be mindful that they are maintained in three different ways, each with a different goal. This understanding will speed up the process of acquiring accurate divorce documents.
Divorce papers are regarded as court documents. As a result, they can be found on third-party, public info databases. Personal data about youngsters, financial details, and confidential criminal data such as domestic violence can all be found in separation documents.
Ways to Acquire Washington Divorce Records
- Decide whether the separation was finalized before or following 1968.
- These documents can be located in the office of the Superior Court Clerk of the county where the separation occurred if it was earlier.
- Follow the directions on the higher court’s homepage in the region where the separation was finalized. Expenses differ from one district to the next.
- If the answer is that the divorce is after 1968, the querying party will have to look with the help of WDH.
- To obtain a divorce document from the WDH, you must submit a fully completed request letter.
Both governmental and 3rd individual public document searching platforms may include court papers search tools that can aid in the discovery of divorce records, while record accessibility varies greatly. Divorce records may be unavailable from one or both of these sources.
Although Washington has websites for many official records, it may still be mandatory to apply in person or online because divorce documents are private and contain juveniles, financial data, or violence. The cost of these documents varies based on whether they are sought by call, email, or the face.
Still, you can order divorce records by different means given below.
- With the help of email
- Through in-person mode
- Order through the online portal
With the help of any of these ways, one can get the divorce records in Washington.