As far as criminal attorneys are concerned, There are two types of them. They are
- A criminal defense lawyer, who is also known as a prosecutor or a criminal lawyer
- A prosecutor, whose job is to represent the government in criminal cases.
These two types of criminal lawyers are responsible to represent their parties in a court of law and making sure that justice is being delivered in favor of their client. The job of a defense lawyer is to ensure that his client is set free of all the charges, and in the worst-case scenario, is awarded the minimum of penalties. On the other hand, when it comes to a prosecutor, it is his responsibility to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to the jury is that the individual in question is guilty and is awarded the maximum penalty.
Different subtypes of criminal lawyers
As far as criminal lawyers are concerned, there are five different subtypes. They are as follows.
- Public defender: A public defender comes into the picture when in a case the defender is not in a position to pay for a defense lawyer.
- Private lawyer: Private lawyers come into the picture when the defender can afford to appoint a professional lawyer.
- Panel lawyer: This group of lawyers is appointed by the government, and their job is to complement the functions of the public defenders.
- District lawyer: An individual who is suspected of committing a serious crime is prosecuted by the government. A district lawyer is appointed by the government to prosecute a defendant in more serious cases.
- Legal aid: There are various non-profit organizations, that offer legal aid to the defendants.
What are the different types of criminal cases?
As far as the nature of the criminal cases is concerned, there can be different types of them. There as follows.
- Drug abuse case: It is about unlawful possession of different types of drugs.
- Property cases: This sort of case involves various disputes related to property, which had further escalated into criminal offenses.
- Violent crimes: When it comes to something as serious as murder, manslaughter, and various other kinds of crimes that involves serious violence, they are considered to be violent crimes.
Apart from these, different other categories are included in criminal cases. If you are looking for a lawyer to represent you in a court of law for any of the aforementioned issues, in that case, you need to make sure that you have found the best one.
It needs to be mentioned in this regard that at times even the best of lawyers might not be able to save you from facing the punishment. However, an expert and experienced lawyer can certainly ensure that you receive minimum possible punishment, which could have been more severe otherwise.
Searching for the best lawyer to fight your case? You have to be very careful while selecting one. Experience, expertise, and reputation are the three primary areas of consideration, which you need to look into while selecting a criminal lawyer for you.