Divorce is a complex process. In addition to the emotional turmoil, it involves many difficulties. So, getting a divorce finalized is a difficult process. The process becomes extra difficult when there is the involvement of children. Both parties fight hard to keep the children with them. For getting custody or any such issues, you need a good lawyer. A good lawyer will understand your situation and help you pass through it. You can check for different Singapore family lawyer online and compare the reviews for the best result.
What are the difficulties involved in getting a divorce?
- Child custody and visitation: The divorce process becomes more complicated when kids are involved. The question of who will get custody and what they will be visiting time is not easy to solve. Sometimes both parties try for full custody. As no one is ready to compromise, different factors are considered for the decision.
- Property division: When there is a lot of property involved, the division of wealth gets difficult. Other than that presence of debt or apartment loans can cause a problem.
- Alimony: Deciding whether one spouse should provide financial support to the other, and if so, how much and for how long, can be a problematic issue.
- Emotions: Divorce is an emotionally overwhelming process. It takes time for the parties to heal. If there is cheating involved, it gets difficult for another person. Different people have different healing rates.
- Negotiating a settlement: If the parties cannot agree on the divorce’s terms, it may be necessary to go to court and have a judge decide the issues.
- High-Conflict: The process can get ugly if both partners are reluctant to reach any conclusion.
- Legal fees: Divorce proceedings can be costly. And if both parties are not on the same page, the duration of the process becomes long, increasing the cost of the process.
What are the things you need to consider when deciding on a lawyer?
When you are searching for a Singapore family lawyer, you need to consider the following things:
- Experience: It is important to find a lawyer who has experience handling the specific type of case you are dealing with.
- Specialization: Some lawyers specialize in certain areas of family law, such as divorce, child custody, or adoption.
- Communication style: Consider whether the lawyer’s communication style is a good fit for you and whether you feel comfortable discussing your case with them.
- Fees: Ask about the lawyer’s fees and see if meets your budget.
- Track record: You can check the track record of the layer to know if the lawyer is good at handling the cases you want.