Investor UK Visa is generally given to candidates with more income, usually wealthy people, who can make a minimum £2 million investment. The holders of this visa are permitted to live, study, work, do business and invest money for the first three years and four months. Post this period, they can decide whether to extend or apply for ILR.
This type of visa can be considered a golden visa because individuals will get a chance to live in the UK. Purchasing a home in the UK doesn’t come under the investment category if you want to apply for this visa. Who are eligible for the UK investor Visa? As discussed earlier, a minimum of £2 million investment is required.
Along with this, you must meet the following criteria.
- You are a legal adult.
- You must not have any criminal record.
- You must show proof related to your investment, whether it is your money or your partner or spouse.
- Your age must be a minimum of 18 or above.
- A valid bank account.
- You must not be from Switzerland.
You must invest your money in any of the following to get this visa.
- a legitimate, operating firm with UK registration.
- Corporate bonds UK issued as loans or shares of capital.
- Actively trading.
It is always better to know about everything in detail before making such a huge investment in the UK. Otherwise, things might get messed up. For advice on investor visa UK, you can contact the team of Imperium Chambers. As the best legal advisors, contact them to find a solution for any problem related to this visa.
You must submit various documents as a part of the application process.
Image Credit: https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/new-home-owners-receiving-the-keys-to-a-new-apartment-gm1324767879-410005550?phrase=Investor%20Visa
Take a look below to know about them.
- You must show a valid passport.
- The reports of your TB test if required by them.
- A certificate that shows that you do not have any criminal records. You must get this document from the country where you stayed for a minimum of one year.
- You need to submit the proofs related to your income.
If the investment is from your partner, you need to submit the following documents.
- Your marriage certificate, if you are married.
- A confirmation letter from your spouse or partner that states that you have all the rights to manage the funds there.
- You must also show proof that all your statements are true by approaching a legal adviser.
How can I get this visa?
- Fill out the online application.
- Submit the necessary documents, whichever they ask.
- Make the visa payment.
- Make the payment for the health surcharge.
After submitting the online application, you need to find the closest visa application centre UK. There you have to submit the biometric information along with the fingerprints.
For your visa application to get processed, it can take anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks. Collect the biometric residence permit, if your application was processed.
It is always good to approach an immigration lawyer if you have any questions related to the UK investor visa. As it is something related to your dreams and investment, you must be careful before doing anything.