Despite the severity of the injury and damages incurred due to the accident, the victim can claim compensation for the losses from the other person’s insurance company as a fair settlement.
In most cases, they might try to slip away from the case and avoid providing compensation somehow. However, having a professional attorney by your side could help tackle such situations. An experienced Lehi, UT Car Accident Lawyer can assist with the compensation procedure quickly with proper guidance on what can be done legally.
The car accident lawyer will also help in calculating the compensation amount and will come up with a fair estimation of the settlement since you might be unclear about it. Therefore, if you or your loved ones are into an accident, make sure to follow all the right steps under a lawyer’s guidance.
Calculation of compensation for a car accident:
There are several methods that the other person’s insurance company may use in calculating the compensation as an estimation. Hence, it is crucial to have an attorney who can cross-check the settlement if it is estimated reasonably. The following are some of the costs, bills, and expenses for the damages that will be considered for the compensation amount as a whole:
- Medical costs incurred: All the medical expenses will be settled under the compensation amount.
- Damage to the property: The damages incurred to your vehicle will be covered.
- Lost wages: You are also compensated for all the lost wages, which means if you cannot go to work due to the injury that occurred from the accident, your missed paychecks will be compensated via the claim.
- Loss of enjoyment: In some cases, the accident can result in an inability to enjoy activities in life. Hence, the victim can also claim compensation under loss of enjoyment.
- Physical suffering and pain: Apart from the immediate medical treatment, you will also be compensated for future suffering from the injury that can cost additional medical bills.
- Consortium loss: Additionally, the victim can be compensated for losing companionship with their significant partner due to the accident.
- Impact on mental health: You can get compensation if you suffer from mental health issues due to the incident.
Though the exact compensation amount varies from accident to accident, the above-listed costs are usually the compensatory factors that will be taken into account by the insurance company. However, the insurance company will try to lower the compensation amount. If you have an experienced car accident attorney by your side, he can fight for a fair settlement via the claim.