Any employee may, by the fact or at the time of his work, be the victim of an accident temporarily rendering him unfit to perform the tasks entrusted to him in the context of his professional activity. When the professional nature of the accident is recognized, the employee can benefit from a care and compensation allowing him to face the costs and losses caused by his incapacity. For this, he must quickly inform his employer. In addition, such a situation is not without effect on the employment contract. With the personal injury – Walton County, GA this is the perfect deal.
What is an accident at work?
Is an accident at work suicide in the employee’s home, while the atmosphere in the company had deteriorated and that, correlatively, the employee’s doctor had found in him a depressive syndrome.
An accident at work, whatever the cause, is the accident that occurred by the fact or at the time of the work to any employee or workman, in any capacity whatsoever or in any place whatsoever for one or more employers or managers.
What is a commuting accident?
In other words, an accident at work can be characterized:
- When an accidental event, consisting of an event or series of events, occurs at a certain date: the accident at work is of a sudden nature;
- When an injury is caused by this accidental event (any physical injury or internal trauma or psychological disorder);
- When the accident occurs by the fact or at work: the presumption of accountability covers the accident occurring during the work schedule normally corresponding to the time when the employee is under the subordination of the employer;
- Where there is a relationship of subordination between the employee and his employer: an industrial accident may then be recognized upon the entry into force of the employment contract, including during the probationary period;
- Where there is a causal link between the accident and the damage suffered.
Information and declaration of the accident
When you are the victim of an accident at your workplace, you must inform or inform your employer the day the accident occurred or at the latest within 24 hours (2).
Letter of declaration of a work accident to your employer
Let your employer know the exact location and circumstances of the accident. You can also provide the identity of witnesses.
How to prove a work or commuting accident?
Work accident or commuting accident: establish proof
- Your employer or one of his employees must then report any accident of which he became aware to the primary health insurance fund to which the victim belongs (3).
- Be aware that he has the right to issue reasoned reservations as to the reality of the professional nature of the accident.
- Your employer must give you an accident sheet. You must therefore present it routinely to the practitioner providing the care, or where appropriate, to the hospital, the medical assistant, the pharmacist or the provider, and to the biologist, whenever an order is made.