Divorce mediation is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) method in which both the spouse meet a third neutral party (mediator) so as to obtain a mutual agreement. Without a doubt, this process is cost-effective and requires less time too. The main purpose of having divorce mediation lawyers is to make the spouse feel that their opinion matters in the final agreement, which may not be possible in case of courtroom battles.
Who Should Consider Divorce Mediation Attorneys?
Anyone who is going through the rough path of divorce must seek the help of divorce mediation attorneys, as with this path you get to unlock several benefits and some of them are listed below:
- As mentioned earlier, the cost of mediation is less compared to that of courtroom trail or never ending hearings.
- Most of the mediation settle every issue that is related to divorce, such as child support, child custody, alimony and estate too.
- Mediation takes place in a 100% confidential way, and there is no sort of public recordings maintained about what happens during the process.
- Considering the nature of the method, the final judgment is a result of ideas that both the spouse have regarding their situations, instead of a solution that is being imposed onto them.
- You, your lawyer and spouse have complete control over the process, while on the other hand in courtroom battle it is the judge who determines what would be best for both the parties.
How Are Negotiations Done in Divorce Mediation?
From the above benefits, you must have realized that putting your ideas forward in the form of negotiations is a critical element of mediation. This might not be as linear as it seems, so the services of best family law firms in Tarrant County who specialize in ADR would be useful. The lawyer will always keep the case on track and encourage you to express what your position, opinions are and make you aware of the intricacies of the case.
The two basic steps that you should take during negotiation are:
- Discuss what your requirements are with the divorce mediation lawyer
- Listen to what your spouse or his/her lawyer has to say
Understanding the opinion of your spouse does not necessarily mean that you agree with what they have to convey, rather by doing so both of you might be able to discover new solutions that would resolve the case.
Upon successful negotiations, the divorce mediation in Tarrant County lawyer will prepare an agreement that would cover the points agreed and other cases such as parenting plan or parenting schedule.